Star Clippers will be sailing in Indonesian waters for the first time in 2017, offering a choice of 19 departures between May 6th and October 14th, 2017 with sailings of 7, 10, 11 and 14 nights including Bali round trips and itineraries from Bali to Singapore and reverse on the Star Clipper. These Indonesian itineraries include complimentary water sports, including snorkeling, kayaking, water skiing, and wind surfing off many of the beaches and islands in this exotic part of the world. Scuba diving may be available on select dates, certification is required.
Indonesia’s towns and villages provide the opportunity for guests to experience the exoticism of Hindi culture, unusual looking gods, with incense wafting through the balmy air. Colorful sights can be found along the bustling streets and markets.
- Viewing Komodo Dragons, the world’s largest living species of lizard that live on Indonesia’s islands, growing to a maximum length of 10 ft.
- A stop in Wera, where guests will have the opportunity to see the `Pinisi’ traditional Indonesian sailing ships, with their long, elegant bow, towering twin masts, streamlined wooden hull and seven billowing sails.
- An excursion to Mount Bromo, an active volcano in East Java, 7.641 ft., set in the middle of a vast plain and protected nature reserve known as the “Sea of Sand.”
- A visit to the Borobudur Temple Compound, In the southern part of central Java, built in the 8thand 9th centuries, and one of the greatest Buddhist monuments in the world.
- A stop at the Pura Ulun Danu Bratan water temple on Bali, built in 1663. Resembling a vast, layered Christmas tree, the temple complex is on the shores of Lake Bratan, with its cold, tropical climate. Offering ceremonies to the Balinese water, lake and river goddess, Dewi Danu, can also be found.